Quantummechanix has made some pretty awesome things over the years… but their latest bit… it will make some fans extremely happy.
- One big boat. Our Serenity measures 19″x12″x7″, or 1:180 scale. (stand adds 4.5″)
- Incredible complexity. The kit used to build Serenity consists of more than 250 parts, including resin, brass, aluminum and laser-cut acrylic.
- Film-quality build. Some 30 different colors, including flat and metallic paint, are used in the ship’s multilayer paint master.
- Spitting image. Weathering, wear and other painting effects are designed to exactly mirror the movie version of ship.
- Superior components. Surfaces are crafted to simulate real-world materials – metal, ceramic, even the mirrored surfaces of the solar panels.
- No decals. All graphics on Serenity are painted on by hand.
- SFX Edition. Our SFX Edition incorporates some 32 lighting effects, including static, flashing, strobe and chase lights.
Right now they putting together a waiting list for people who want to know when it becomes available. Click through for more information and pictures [Quantummechanix]